Welcome to… Kim, our new recruit on: blogs, copy, and briefing docs
This is our Welcome to the World section, profiling new recruits to Octopus Group. This week, we welcome Kim Bansi.
Hi, my name’s Kim (that’s me in the photo, front and centre, with my colleagues) and I’ve been interning at Octopus Group for about two months now. As part of my role, I use the WordPress platform to post content on blogsites, draft both long and short pieces of copy for a range of tech clients and help compile briefing documents ahead of journalist interviews.
I graduated this summer from King’s College London, where I studied English Literature and Language, and just before joining Octopus Group I managed to fit in a month travelling round South East Asia.
Here are five facts about me
- My biggest achievement at Octopus Group has been learning how to code posts for the European PlayStation blog – something I had no clue about before I started!
- At uni I worked on a project with Shakespeare’s Globe where I even got to go on stage and recite a few of Shakespeare’s finest lines.
(And here are a few things you wouldn’t necessarily find on my CV!)
- I once played the Genie in Aladdin.
- I can rap the whole of Nicki Minaj’s ‘Superbass’.
- I unashamedly love the Backstreet Boys and still go to their concerts.
I’m really excited to start my journey here at Octopus Group and I’m particularly looking forward to getting more involved with writing, helping with clients’ social media profiles and posting from the PlayStation Blog.
If you’re looking for a paid internship in public relations and marketing, please email your CV and a covering letter to Kavita Shergill firstname.lastname@example.org